hi-er’s mission is to create a higher future, together. This means we have a commitment to you to be transparent about the data we collect from our users, how it is shared between user groups (applicants and advertisers) and how we offer you choices in the data you share.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
· any reference to “hi-er”, “we”, “us” and “our” includes a reference to hi-er Australia Pty Ltd and each of hi-er’s related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)).
· “Advertiser” refers to individuals, entities or companies that post job advertisements on our Site to source potential Candidates for employment;
· “Applicant” refers to users of the Site and “Registered Users” refers to Applicants who register on the Site;
· Applicants, Advertisers and users who otherwise subscribe for hi-er products, services or information offered via the Site are referred to generically in this Policy as “visitors”, “users” or “you”, unless the context provides that only Applicants, Registered Users or Advertisers are being referred to;
· “hi-er Local” refers to a hi-er product which allows Advertisers to search, refine and match with Applicants who maintain a hi-er local user profile and have a privacy setting to allow direct approach from Advertisers; and
· “hi-er local strategy” means a process by which an Advertiser using hi-er local is able to contact a candidate by sending an Applicant a job opportunity for which the Advertiser is recruiting, or sending an Applicant a customised email about a job opportunity by using the “message” functionality. Advertisers who use either of these functions do not, by using those functions, receive access to any Applicant’s Personal Information unless disclosed by the Applicant directly.
what is personal information and why is it collected?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, post code or address, email addresses, phone number, and optional opt in data declaring preferences in employment opportunities.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including our website hi-er.com, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you and providing information to our clients. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by contacting us in writing or clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of the communication.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
why is non-personal information collected?
hi-er collects non-Personal Information on Site visits by users including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often, and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-Personal Information, and may be shared with hi-er partners to provide them with information relating to how our visitors ‘use’ the Site. This is done for the purpose of providing you our services of identifying local job opportunities that you will find relevant.
hi-er’s web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, and to monitor the use of our Site, Applications and including the monitoring of the location of our users to tailor our services to the user’s preferences.
In order to better understand our users, hi-er utilises third party measurement companies to assess Site traffic. A tracking code is used to collect the following information on the usage of the Site:
· The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Site;
· The number of unique visitors to the Site;
· How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the Site when they do visit; and
· Common entry and exit points into the Site.
This aggregated, non-Personal Information is collated and provided to HI-ER to assist in analysing the usage of the Site. This data is also accessible by media organisations and research companies, for the purpose of conducting industry comparisons with other Internet websites.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
third party information
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in secure files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
You may access the Personal Information hi-er holds about you to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact email@example.com . hi-er will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information, we will require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and complete. If you find that the information hi-er has in your profile is not accurate, please advise us immediately so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website(s).
Any complaints received by us will be referred to our compliance team for prompt investigation and a written response will be provided to you as soon as possible.
Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of any complaints made you are able to hi-er further redress through the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see http://www.oaic.gov.au/ for further information).
hi-er Australia Pty Ltd